This position involves a high volume of face-to-face customer contact. This position is between the core hours of 7am and 5pm Monday - Friday. Travel required with some overnights.
- Quickly build strong relationships with purchasing decision makers. Develop customer trust and confidence in Direct Automotive and its representatives.
- Keeps customers informed about industry and economic trends and Direct Automotives ability to assist customers in adapting to change.
- Meet established Sales Plans.
- Works with service center and regional sales/product management to develop quotations and contract proposals that are responsive to customer needs and result in profitable sales for Direct Automotive.
- Understands and keeps up-to-date on the competitive environment and provides market intelligence to sales management to help shape service center sales strategies, price levels and working capital decisions.
- Increases revenue from assigned customers by increasing product lines or items sold.
- Involves running meetings with potential clients to analyze their needs and present the appropriate solutions.
- 3 years related industry sales or customer service experience with demonstrated profitable sales experience; outside sales experience is a plus
- Advanced knowledge of the related industry with application, technical, or managerial experience preferred
- Demonstrated ability to build positive business relationships
- Above average written and verbal communication skills; good listener and strong communicator
- Demonstrated ability to problem-solve and make key decisions with customers
- Entrepreneurial, goal driven, action oriented, self-motivated
- Able to deal with a variety of people and situations in a positive and openminded manner
- Well-organized and represent the company in a professional manner
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing or related discipline is a plus
- Computer skills w/ emphasis on Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point, etc.) preferred
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record
- Competitive salary
- Major medical, dental and prescription drug insurance
- 401(k) retirement with company match
- Short and long-term disability insurance available
- Paid vacations, holidays
- Employee bonus
- Discounted employee purchase program